When you arrive at the Chichicastenango market you will start the walking tour. This is located in the center of the town and is the heart of the commercial life of the Maxeños, the natives of Chichicastenango.
Every Thursday and Sunday, merchants head to the central square to sell their products in this impressive indigenous market that has changed very little over the centuries. Explore the narrow streets and admire the products and crafts offered by the locals.
In Chichicastenango you will also visit the church of Santo Tomás, built in 1540 on the basis of a pre-Hispanic temple. This is a magnificent example of colonial architecture and the Mayan and Latin influence is evident inside and outside the building.
Coffee and/or Tea
- Public transportation nearby
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not stroller accessible
- Not suitable for pets
- Infants must not sit on laps
- Not recommended for people with back problems
- Our represntative could ask for your ticket just to verify your name and your excursion, please don't forget to be 15 minutes on advace on your hotel lobby.
- Our representative will showup on its hotel lobby and will ask on your name for this excursion.
Sector 1 Manzana E lote 5 Villa Hermosa 1, Guatemala, San Miguel Petapa GuatemalaGet Directions